La Trobe University Hockey Club is pleased to announce Adam Dinsdale has been appointed as our VicLeague 1 Men’s Head Coach.
Adam takes over from Greg Van Meeuwen who has chosen to take a step back from senior coaching after numerous years at La Trobe and Greensborough State League Men and Women’s teams. Greg will remain as at the club as a player and Development Coach for the younger players.
Adam, also known around the club as Mothy, has an impeccable hockey background:
– Played in the Australian Hockey League (AHL) for 5 years for ACT
– ACT Academy of Sport Scholarship for 3 years
– Played 1st Grade hockey for 13 years in the Canberra and Brisbane competitions
– Captain of both ANU and University of Queensland Hockey Clubs 1st Grade teams
– 3 Times Green & Gold at Australian University Games (team of the tournament)
– Has played against international teams Japan, Malaysia, Canada and Korea.
On top of his decorated playing career, Adam has also been a specialist goal keeping coach for more than ten years and was an assistant coach at University of Queensland Hockey Club 1s.
“I’m really excited to be taking over such a young and youthful playing list and no doubt we will be serious contenders come September. The boys are well and truly deep into pre-season now and we should have the fitness edge over the competition come Round One” said Adam.
La Trobe University Hockey Club is excited to appoint Adam Dinsdale as Men’s Head Coach, where he is joined by Richard Moore who returns again to coach the Women VicLeague 1 squad. We are looking forward to some great results in 2015.
The Club would also like to thank Greg Van Meeuwen for his services over the past few years and look forward to seeing him around the club as a development coach and player.