The La Trobe University Hockey Club is seeking expressions of interest for the following coaching positions in 2015:
– Men’s VicLeague 1 Reserves/Development Coach (playing or non-playing)
– Women’s VicLeague 1 Assistant/Reserves Coach (playing or non-playing)
La Trobe University Hockey Club is located in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, 12 kilometres from the CBD. The Club has a very proud and celebrated history, and has in excess of 250 playing members of all diversities and skill levels competing in 16 sides and a growing junior program which has recently tasted finals success.
After three years in VicLeague 1, the club is seeking coaches to work with the existing leadership team, who can develop our list and help take the VicLeague squads to become serious finals contenders. The squads have a mix of experienced players, students, locals and overseas players with a vast array of talent and experience including Premier League, AHL and European Leagues.
The club also has a considerable amount of young talent in lower levels that requires a Development Coach to work with the Reserves and upcoming players. With a fresh influx of new students every year the development coach role will suit a coach who is keen to share their own love of the game with a new generation of players.
The club has close ties with La Trobe University and alumni presenting it with a strong financial position, and recruiting opportunities from colleges, local community and inter-varsity teams (who recently won silver at University Games). The club has recently been award “Sporting Club of The Year” by La Trobe University.
The successful applicants for the coaching positions should:
– Create and clearly communicate a framework to continue to develop the Vic League squad and or Pennant squads;
– Be able to work with the Club’s Administration, the head coach and coaching panel;
– Have a proven ability to train, develop and motivate players to success;
– Develop game strategies which foster improvement in the playing group and long-term success across all levels;
– Be available for training one night per week
– Have played hockey at an appropriate level; and
– have a minimum Level 1 coaching qualification or willing to obtain a Level 1
Terms and remuneration are negotiable based upon experience and desire to succeed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to coach at an elite level with the challenge of developing young players capable of succeeding in Premier League Hockey. Expressions of interest can be emailed to Recruitment Coordinator, Phil Nguyen who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0413 791 812.
Any member who successfully refers one of the coaching positions above will be eligible for a $200 discount on their 2016 fees.