La Trobe University Hockey Club is seeking expressions of interest for the following coaching positions in 2015:
– Men’s VicLeage 1
– Men’s VicLeague 1 Reserves/Development Coach
La Trobe University Hockey Club is located in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, 12 kilometres from the CBD. The Club has a very proud and celebrated history, and has in excess of 220 playing members of all diversities and skill levels competing in 16 sides.
The Club has experienced exponential growth in the past four years including the addition of a now successful juniors program. It also boasts La Trobe University’s largest number of female members of any sporting club, and exceeds Hockey Victoria average female participation rates by at least 10 per cent.
Together with its exponential growth, the club has also experienced considerable success both on and off the field. Almost every team has competed in finals in recent times, including two VicLeague premierships, VicLeague promotions, and many Metro grade premierships and grand final appearances. Administrators of the club have also been awarded community and Government awards demonstrating how well the club operates.
With the Men’s VicLeague 1 squad performing strongly in 2013 and 2014, the club is seeking a head coach who can develop our list and help take the VicLeague squad to become serious finals contenders. The squads have a mix of experienced players, students, locals and overseas players with a vast array of talent and experience including State League 1, AHL and European Leagues.
The club also has a considerable amount of young talent in lower levels that requires a Development Coach to work with the Reserves and upcoming players. With a fresh influx of new students every year the development coach role will suit a coach who is keen to share their own love of the game with a new generation of players.
The club has close ties with La Trobe University and alumni presenting it with a strong financial position, and recruiting opportunities from colleges, local community and inter-varsity teams (who recently won Bronze at University Games). The university is also in negotiations with the State and Federal Governments for new playing surfaces and state of the art training facilities.
The successful applicants for the coaching positions should:
– create and clearly communicate a framework to continue to develop the VicLeague squad and or Metro squads;
– have a proven ability to train, develop and motivate players to success;
– have the ability to develop and implement training schedules for both pre-season and regular season sessions;
– develop game strategies which foster improvement in the playing group and long-term success across all levels;
– be available for training two nights per week (Tuesday and Thursday for VicLeague and Thursday for the Development Coach);
– be able to work with the Club’s Administration and the assistant coaching panel;
– have played Hockey at an appropriate level; and
– have a minimum Level 1 coaching qualification.
Terms and remuneration are negotiable based upon experience and desire to succeed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to coach at an elite level with the challenge of developing young players capable of succeeding in Premier League Hockey.
Expressions of interest can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For any additional information, please contact Phil Nguyen, Recruitment Coordinator on 0413 791 812.
Club members who refer a successful candidate to Phil will be eligible for a 50% discount on their 2015 membership fees.
Applications close Friday 31st of October, 2014